View Single Post
Old 2010-11-05, 18:19   Link #5072
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Of course Erika increases the count by one... in only those stories where she exists.

So does the magic half-elephant man with whooping cough who parachutes onto the island from a crashing airplane in the Rokkenjima story I just made up in my head. The fact that he exists in this Rokkenjima story does not mean he exists in all Rokkenjima stories, let alone that he existed on the "real" Rokkenjima, if there was one (well, if there was one in the intermediate "reality" layer, as there obviously was no such place or event in our reality).

Erika is free to exist in any story in which she is permitted to exist. Lambda essentially alters a premise of the game in order to permit it to happen. This expands the set of stories into which Rokkenjima tales can be spun.

But nothing prevents Beatrice, or indeed anyone with the proper knowledge, from speaking about something else entirely, so long as no one calls them out on it. Watch, I'll use magic right in front of you:

The magic half-elephant man with whooping cough parachuted onto Rokkenjima from a crashing airplane!
Everyone saw him clearly land in the rose garden! But that was an illusion... he never landed there, because he can fly!
While he was flying, he teleported to another planet, which is why he does not exist anywhere in this world, whether on Rokkenjima or not!
Indeed, in this world he never existed in the first place! But of course, he really does exist.

Battler said this was going to piss off the purists. Now you see why.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error