Thread: Licensed Kuragehime (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-17, 11:58   Link #275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
DI'm pretty sure they all have their reasons, and taking the situation at face value, it is the external appearance and what they associate to it that causes discomfort in the sisters. But is it really just that? During this episode, they didn't exactly disagree nor reject Tsukimi's makeover, which makes me believe that it's not exactly the concept of beauty or the external appearance that they see with disdain. Maybe because they already knew that Tsukimi was the one underneath the kimono; maybe because it was the "traditional" sense of fashion that they did not disagree with. I haven't quite grasped the issue at hand, but I want to think of it as something more of an awkwardness or unfamiliarity that creates anxiety in them. For example, Tsukimi could talk with Kuranosuke's brother without the glasses, but wouldn't be able to do the same when she had them on. Communication is hard for them, but seems especially difficult when they are strangers or do not necessarily share the same interests. is just the hipster people that they do not like, or a character they associate with them? or is simply hard because they are strangers? I'm not trying to justify their behavior, of course; but I'm trying to understand them a bit a better with each passing episode. They are not bad people per se, and they sort of accepted Kuranosuke's presence in the apartment---probably because they recognized his good intentions. I would love see more of the sisters, but I'm probably the only one having this thought. (the show is already fun and enjoyable as it is)
The nuns are definitely quite a bit xenophobic and some of them probably suffer from social anxiety disorder (Tsukimi does). As for their loathing of "hipsters", this might have to do with their pasts. Since they're all a bit "original" to say the least, they have probably been mocked by the "regular" fashionable people their whole lives, which led to them hating "regular" people in return. They are now as prejudiced against hipsters as hipters are against them. Basically, it's a circle of hate and misunderstanding. Discrimination at its finest. Kind of sad, really. Thankfully, they're still able to accept other people, as long as said people are very patient with them and bribe them with high quality meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
she has good taste. :P just curious, where is the Q & A from?
Very good taste. Kawasumi Ayako is a great seiyuu. & I'd like to know where this Q & A come from as well.