Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 16:05   Link #288
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
sometimes I wonder what they mean by bad. Is it "ok, this is overall not as good as other ones" or "HOW DARE THEY CALL IT A SEQUEL TO STEINS GATE???". Comparison to SG is inevitable, but should it affect our perception to this show?
Most complaints seem to center around the scenario and characters. Some found them to be bland and boring. The plot twists toward the end also proved to be controversial.

Several readers drew comparisons to Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head. However, others specifically mentioned that the game was uninteresting even when viewed as an unrelated work.

Personally, I enjoyed the first episode, so I'm still eager to see how the story progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako
I associate the Science;Adventure series with crazy complex mysteries, not generic Save Our Club plots.
That may be part of the problem. Previous installments had an air of mystery from the start and were popular for their colourful characters (plus outrageous protagonists). They were very different from most visual novels.

Robotics;Notes is said to hearken back to something more typical. I guess the real question is whether the writing and characters compare well with other high school oriented visual novels. These don't go over too well with the masses (too mundane, trite, etc.), but that's the nature of the genre.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote