View Single Post
Old 2006-12-16, 01:59   Link #86
Cal-Reflector

An exciting episode. I shall observe on things not mentioned yet.

1)Note on how amateur the Black Knights are; in commitment, training, and skill as a whole they are inadequate. They're having fun, high on small victories, and have shaky confidence and zero loyalty to their Faction Leader. However, in Gundam fashion, the general quality of a faction's troops do not matter; as long as you have one Ace, you'll own the universe. In this universe, that Ace is Suzaku.

2)C.C. is implying with her mysterious talk on the snow's color that Leulouch still has something of an attachment to his past, further, that he might seek to return to his roots. She seems fairly sure of this assessment of Leulouch, though it doesn't seem to upset her too much... possible that this is a motivation why she may aid Suzaku in the next episode.

3)Leulouch has too much confidence in his ability to bluff his Black Knights into bidding his will. His only victor came against Clovis, who is an imbecile of a commander compared to every faction Leulouch will come up against from now on. In liu of loyalty and commitment, he must inspire fear and confidence; thus at his first setback/defeat, most of his Black Knights will abandon him.

4)The landslide attack was Leulouch's masterstroke this episode, akin to his ground-collapse attack in episode 2. Very effective strategy that decimated great enemy formations for no losses.

5)On the much hyped Guren2: From what I've seen of the secret weapon so far, its not that great. IE, it takes a while to fry a Knightmare frame, whereas a thrust from a Lance used by Cornelia's troops will instant-kill. Enemy pilots have plenty of time to eject, or auto eject. Kallen must find a way to use her new weapon more efficiently to go up against the many other aces in the show.

6)Confirmed that Nina is in love with Euphemia; this ought to be significant later on in the show, because the producers don't seem to want to forget about it. Confirmed that the Ashford's have lost their former prestige, probably due to the assassination of Leulouch's mother years ago.

7)Millay has nice legs.

That's all, excellent episode that had me shaking with excitement the whole way.