View Single Post
Old 2008-03-22, 19:06   Link #63
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
Japanese source is worse tha BBC or CNN imo, there was a youtube video made from an austrilian tourist in lahrsa. In his video, there were footage he said it was the first chinese military force getting into tibet. I never saw anything about chinese military running over monks from any news source in Canada yet. If that really happened, BBC and CNN would use that for their front page. I wonder where the Japanese get their source
The article of Yomiuri said it had been from a telephone interview; a Yomiuri journalist called directly to a resident in Lhasa. I cannot judge whether it is TRULY reliable or not, nor I can tell BBC and CNN are more reliable than Japanse sources in general on Asian affairs. Possibly you are a well-trained critic on media comparison, though I am not.

By the way, I have never seen the youtuve video, but the remark that "it was the first chinese military force getting into tibet" is clearly false. Chinese People's Liberation Army has intruded there for many times. Major events so far:

1951/Sep: Firstly CPLA conquered Lhasa
1959/Mar: First rebel of Tibetan people; CPLA suppressed it brutally, causing 87 thousands death
1959/Aug: CPLA was deployed along Tibet-India border (so-called Sino-Indian border conflict)
1989/Mar: Second rebel. Hu introduced CPLA again (victims unreported)
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote