View Single Post
Old 2012-05-29, 23:54   Link #3272
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I think AGE quality wise "should" do better commercially but if people don't watch it it's not really their fault. These days there are many shows that compete for people's attention and money, and shows have to work hard in terms of advertising or have a good concept or just first impressions.

I mean AGE is a GUNDAM (a good brand) series in a great timeslot. It's got some good things going for it so Sunrise or circumstances must have messed it up somehow and failed to sell it to people either because the concept failed or the first impressions doesn't work well and these can be important to a product's success.

I know there are some western TV Shows that I love that got cancelled. I didn't think they deserve it personally but I'm one guy in a market and if people dont want to watch it because they didn't like it or some other problems, it's not the people's fault. Products and business fail all the time, its a fact of life. Shows serve people and get rewarded if they succeeded in getting people support them, but the people who have to spend their earned money as well as opportunity cost(in terms of time they could use watching something else) don't really owe them anything.

Data gathered from failures can be important for future projects though. Sunrise should do a comprehensive post mortem so they could gather data and find out why things happened the way they did and how their next attempt on tweens (if not any ordinary Gundam series). Was it the show? Advertising? Concept? First impressions? Generation changes? Cyclical problems? I'm pretty sure they will though.

I'm still hoping these won't affect AGE's length but it's hard to ignore record numbers and not be worried about the possibility of a shortened length.