View Single Post
Old 2009-09-25, 21:48   Link #2035
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
But that's under the assumption i need to believe in god, hence i need faith. If you must label what created this universe, god might be a fitting title, but i don't believe it is some omnipotent being worthy or desiring praise. More likely it is some mass of energy.
Pardon me, but there are no reassurances that it is *most likely* just *some* mass of energy.

Quote:
Ok, so by that logic, if i hand a monkey a gun, and it uses it and accidentally shoots another monkey without knowing how to use it, then i punish it by restricting its food would that be fair? yes the gun could help the monkey. But it had no comprehension of how it works. Lets say further this monkey saw someone use the gun to shoot someone else and steal their food, thereby thinking this is how a gun should be used, and is then punished for shooting another monkey. Is that different than being tempted by another to sin or led astray without the proper tools to fight it?
You have a good point. And who's the supreme being that dictates whether its a sin or not?
Quote:
Ignoring all of that, if god gives me a tool,say free will, and doesn't help me use it properly, say by allowing me to give into temptation or be fooled by a false prophet, and punishes me when i had no chance to do the right thing, then why should i praise him and follow a religion?
Its your sin, its your fault. Are you so dependent on God that you have to rely on him for decisions? Like I've continuously said, He's not there to *save* you.

Quote:
I know this wasn't directed to me, but i want to respond.
I don't believe people are either born good or evil, only someone sees a mutual benefit in helping each other and hence "good" was formed. Otherwise people are motivated by greed. Either greed for acceptance, praise, or material goods.
Thanks for responding----there's no wrong in butting in.

So people see the *benefit* and acts because it? And, after years pass, this forms the societal pressure that creates *conscience*? Good point.

Though I think its *deeper* than mere *benefits*. Just like how its natural for Moms to protect and love their children, Its natural to, in different levels, help others----instinctively(biological reason of life) perhaps, but I'm saying *good* is instinctive as well. My sentences might be too confusing (in fact, it is (a bit) to me, ), so if you want clearance, please don't hesitate.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote