Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-22, 02:56   Link #3053
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I see you're ignoring the 679 minke whales that were killed as well. The goal was 985 whales and they got 680. That's 69% of the goal. Let's drop that down to say 64% though to air on the side of caution since fin whales are bigger. Besides, fin whales are endangered. Hunting an endangered species should not be allowed at all. Don't like it because it interferes with "cultural heretige"? What would happen to this heretige when the species is extinct?
No, I see minke whales as food. Its like people who eat pork, beef or poultry. Yes, you cannot deny that the only way you eat non-vegetarian products are killing the animals but.. I mean.. Who doesn't? More over, its not really an endangered species.

The guys who are protesting the actions of research whaling is just overdoing it as that it is not much of a big deal. Perhaps, there are people who would go and meddle with another's meal on the behalf of marine creatures known as fishes as that the fishes cannot talk or complain. However, I think the feeling of anti-whaling is just like my feeling towards people who eat frogs which look like adorable little green reptialian creatures but I wouldn't make a fuss over it though.

If the species extinct, then its too bad. Eat sharks next! Actually, I do eat sharks, btw..