View Single Post
Old 2011-03-15, 23:06   Link #166
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikou View Post
Did no one like Umineko? Half of you have Umineko avatars or sigs or quotes, yet none of you even liked the damn thing, in the end? Very depressing.
To be perfectly honest, I don't really give a rat's ass about alot of Umineko except for the interesting "Mystery/Gameboard" parts (EP 1-4 ended in such an epic way), the music, certain characters (specifically Kinzo, Jessica, George, Kanon, Shannon, Virgilia, the Siestas/Belphegor, Lion, Will, the MILFs, and maaaaaybe Dlanor. I'm on the fence with her...) and the shit storm of fake spoilers and screenshots that follows when a new Umineko game comes out. Good times.

Given, I've only read up to EP 4, but with all the spoilers and stuff I've read, I've got almost no motivation to play except for the sake of feeling complete. And I don't regret getting spoiled either.

I didn't really like Battler as the main character.

I hated Beatrice due to the fandom insisting she's "moe" despite her trolling and other shit. However, I really liked her as a villian, even though it was established she was "a good actor" at the end of EP 4. Come on, she had that epic air about her. A cruel yet refine air about her. From the spoilers I've read, she gets less epic and more sympathetic. Bleh.

I REALLY hated Bern and 34. 34 gets redeemed in EP8 though.

The whole Yasu thing is squicky to me since Yasu is in love with three people who are her cousins and niece/nephews. And this is coming from the person who supports twincest, kissing cousins, and Oedipus complexes. Yeah, anyway...

Umineko was cool until I learned that this wasn't a mystery...

NO I DUN CAR WUT U SAY DEREZ NO WAI ANY1 COOD OF SEEN DIS IZZEN A MISTERRRRRRRY~~~!!!1!!11one

EDIT: To add on to what I cared about Umineko, the way certain scenes were written were really good to me.

Last edited by Mikachiru; 2011-03-15 at 23:21.
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote