View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 18:48   Link #112
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskbreaker View Post
Hmm, so Virgilia was playing the double agent huh?

Was the magical punch-up with Beato all part of the act, or did it start when she gave her the "how to worm your way into Battler's affections" advice? Well regardless of when it was, between that & Beato's trolling ability, Battler was well & truly hung out to dry. Nice job ladies.

Still, i can't help but think that it may have not been a complete act on Beato's part. That very brief teary-eyed moment before she let the cat out of the bag, coupled with Lambdadelta's "keep playing or else!" threat toward Beato makes it look like there's much more to it than it seems. It certainly looks far more as a rock/hard place for her than it is even for Battler.

Ange's entrance kicked arse, and she certainly looks to be the interesting character. Especially after that little exchange with zombie-reject looking Eva. I assume a pretty nasty disease or something?

Anywho, a brilliant episode, so i'm giving it a 10.
Well I'm willing to bet it was all from the start. Maybe Virgilia was watching and saw that Beatrice's current method wasn't going to work. She was just backing him into a corner and people fight their hardest when in that kind of position. First she shows up to fight Beatrice and thus make herself appear like she isn't on her side. Plus helping him would also make her seem less of a threat. At the same time he's accepting the help of a witch and can see that they aren't all bad. Then you have Beatrice changing her demeanor and seeming to be less of a foe to Battler. It was a pretty good plan I'll say. Certainly is harder to fight someone you think isn't so bad than someone you hate.

Might be possible it wasn't a 100% act. Either way Battler certainly can't afford to consider that kind of stuff. This experience more than anything should confirm that he can't see Beatrice as anything other than an avatar of evil. Can't back down or weaken his resolve at all or it's over.