Thread: Crunchyroll Area no Kishi
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-04, 00:39   Link #166
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Did Kakeru grow taller? I always thought he was shorter then Seven. What number is Kakeru going to wear in high school now? He used to wear 15 when he was little, he also wore 15 in the practice match in episode 2. His brother wears 10 so wouldn't it be cool if he wore his brother's number.
He's got that same weird disease Yugi from Yugioh does.

But this show's initial plot screams Touch and Cross Game to me. I swear to God that all the sports anime I like for some reason have someone important die at the beginning. Which is not why I like them, by the way. Suguru's death came as a complete surprise to me. I could have sworn that Kakeru's foreshadowing meant that they were going to be rivals (such as Suguru transfers and becomes his "enemy" or something along those lines), not that he would die. I know in hindsight it should not have been a surprise, but I didn't think they'd be so cliche as to have the same turning point as Touch and Cross Game in them. At least Touch and Cross Game had the excuse of being written by the same author, but unfortunately Area no Kishi doesn't.

Those little criticisms off my chest, I love this series to death already. It really seems like a great hybrid of Cross Game's drama/romance and Giant Killing's attention to detail.

Ugh, the wait between episodes is so unbearable... Blergh.... *dies*