View Single Post
Old 2007-02-24, 14:27   Link #102
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I beg to differ, my friend. In the original visual novel, I only know how bad Akiko-san's condition was when I read from the text "Akiko-san got hit by a car", on the contrary, the way Kyo-Ani portrayed how brutally real the crash was had a greater impact on me than what mere text would reveal.

The demons are invisible, fantasy, out-of-this-world, the car accident is real and could happen to anyone. So even if they did show the demons mangling poor Sayuri-san's body, the impact on the audience would be "oh my goodness" at best, but most likely not "OH SHIT" from seeing a car accident. Kyo-Ani got the reaction it intended from (most of) the audience with such a brutal depiction. Just my humble opinion.
Fine fine, I purposely hit the trigger because I wanted to hear detailed opinions on why this scene is so appreciated, (KyoAni bias being aside) since clearly I don't feel the same.
I've read some pretty good opinions on the answers and especially your, Kinny. The comparison between cars (human world) and and demons (fantasy) was well fitting.

My position will unlikely change but surely when I'll have to handle with this scene again, I'll have several more useful point of views to see through the shades of it.