View Single Post
Old 2008-02-08, 05:30   Link #312
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Well I'm offended, but not really. We have these things that are called feelings, and while you can control them physically, you can't control them emotionally. If I really like a song then someone just comes by and says they hate it, I'm not going to shrug it off. Sure I do that and also with anime physically, since I don't repost saying, "You suck, why don't you like that song/anime?" But while I'm not going to keep a grudge with that someone for hating my favorite anime, true apathy is very hard to not feel, while easy to not express.
You know, the opposite of love is not hate. It's ignorance. Learning to ignore someone whose opinions on a subject of perception, such as art, allegedly "hurt" your feelings is an important skill to learn. If you don't, then you'll find life to be quite complicated. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and then click away--it's not that hard. You're not forced to read everything on the internet, and ignoring the people who say things you don't like about a particular show makes for a better Interwebs. Really, it's not such a life-or-death issue we're talking about. It's a freaking anime show.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.