View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 08:29   Link #39
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
It was truly wondrous to have to Maria-Sama amongst us again. I never realized how much i missed this series till i watched episode 1 of the new season.

The OP was very different than the previous seasons with a somewhat upbeat pop feel. I dont feel it matched the theme of MgM. What happened to "walking slowly is preferred here"? I recognize they tried to do something a little different and i see that the main focus of the OP seems to be on Yumi, Yoshino, Shimako having fun around school. But i still prefer "Pastel Pure" to this new one.

The episode its self was pure win with Ueda Kana, Itou Miki, Koshimizu Ami and Kugimiya Rie voice acting showcasing how veteran they are to the industry just listening to them speak is a joy. Yumi as usual brightens up the world with her amazing array of funny faces and emotions worn on her sleeve. Her brother and her really do look like and the play was another very funny way to show just how similar they are of (Yuki didnt have choice ). Shimako look ungodly adorable in her Hein period clothing but then again i find Shimako almost as elegant as Sachiko. Speaking of Sachiko she was so playful this time around it took a while in the other seasons for her to thaw but when it comes to Yumi Sachiko is all smiles, she knows how to get Yumi to do what she wants with a "HAI ONEE-SAMA!!

I had forgotten about the issue concerning Kanako who also did a fantastic job in her role. But it seems its going to escalate in the next episode. We see her with 2 tickets to the play and an agonizing look on her face. The drama shall be oh so sweet

I didnt expect them to show or even hint at the speculation concerning Touko becoming Yumi's Petite Seour. But it seems its high gear all ready and im loving every min of it. Touko is such a great character and a real pleasure to watch. Notice how Sachiko asked Yumi to handle the drama club situation on her own. We all know Sachiko would have gotten better results but she sent Yumi. Could it be possible that even Sachiko seems the potential of these 2 becoming a pair. The way i see it Yumi and Touko complete each other for the what the other lacks the other has same as Yumi with Sachiko. Plus it would be nice to say keep it in the family.

Ending was well...............i think everyone has already commented on how suggestive it is. Much more suggestive than anything i have ever seen attached to the series. Very Yuri like i dont hate it but i wont say im exactly in favor of it either.

9/10 (OP forced me to remove point)

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-01-05 at 13:39.