Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-02, 20:27   Link #2490
Undertaker

I personally don't think it was a lack of promotion (both anime and song), there are hype behind it especially with the VA audition and stuff and there are enough promotion in terms that if was mentioned pretty often in shows that the VA appears in, though I do agree that there isn't much in term of CM spots. But overall, it still got more coverage then your normal anime single or anime series.

With that being said, the biggest mystery for me is still the choice of station. Everything's pointed that this is a big production and the result showed as much, yet The stations it picks are one that is not available in major cities. The weirdest part is that Nagoya and Osaka (Nagoya in particular) were not aired when a outside of Mayuyu and Amina, the biggest names are from SKE with Hata and Yagami.

As for TPE and SNH, last time I heard was that SNH is currently opening to audition applications and planning on debuting before 12/8, the 7th Annaversary of AKB. As for TPE, despite being announced last year, there had zero information and planning date, from what I read in Taiwan blog, they are beginning to think TPE is a phantom project. But apparently during Kitahara Rie's handshake event in early July they did go on record that the audition process will be starting soon.