View Single Post
Old 2006-01-16, 23:51   Link #1
guess

need recomendations - like everyone else

I am running out the anime to watch, really need some suggestions. Here is a list of stuff I like. Thanks.

Revolutionary girl utena
Haibane Renmei
Those who hunt the elves (ADV version)
Noir
Battle athletes victory (TV)

Paranoia agent (but I hate Texhnolyze! Too violent and too much bloodshed)
You are under arrest (English version). I don’t really like police buddy anime but I like this because it’s just too funny!)
Otogi Zoshi ( I like the Tokyo arc of the story, though still waiting for the rest of the series. I don’t like the first half of story because it’s too cliché: a group of people searching for a valuable thing to save the world. Is this Inuya sha?)
Yu Yu Hakusho ( later part of the story has more character development and not just a fighting series anymore)
The Melody of Oblivion.
Ghost story (ADV-English version)—can’t stop laughing
Kino’s journey—love it.
ROD-the OVA--love it. excellent plot and animation. For once the heroine is not a teenage girl. BUt I don't like ROD the TV. I can't relate to the three main characters and old characters (my favorite ones in this series) have too little screen time. The plot drag on too much. I like the ending though.
My Hime--good plot.
Starship operators: love it. Excellent plot and good animation.
Maria-sama ga Miteru, I like the first season very much but I think the second season is a disappointment. The plot drags on and characters have pretty much the same personality. The first season has more diversity in term of personality. Animation quality drops dramatically. I didn’t even bother to watch it all. But I am hoping that the OVA is going to rescue it.

Yes, I love shoujo ai but I am not that interested in Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. I hate Kannaduki no Miko! You can see why I am not interested in Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~. I think I am not all that interested in shoujo ai shows for guys.

I think I should add something, as in what I like. I don't know. I think I like a lot of stuff. Funny, good story, romance, fighting shows... It doesn't have to have it all. Just include one of them would be good.

Last edited by guest; 2006-01-17 at 23:59.