View Single Post
Old 2010-08-13, 09:44   Link #27
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
I've had a few friends online that have seemed to just disappear one day, but more often than not a bit of research turned up that they were still active on other sites so at least I knew that they didn't die.
besides E-mail and IM, my online friends know nothing about how to contact me so they probably would wonder if I went *poof*. I've never really discussed it with my brother, but he would probably log onto some of my more active web communities for me and post a message. that is, if it even occurs to him. If someone in the family were to die, posting an obituary on every forum/IRC that they frequent probably wouldn't be first thing on his to-do list.
There is another forum that I've been on for like 5 years. I think maybe once we got a post from an account claiming that it was X's sibling logging on to tell us that X had died, but no one really believed it. We did have a few times people from the forum went into major surgery and we didn't hear from them for a while so we got worried...

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote