View Single Post
Old 2012-12-31, 22:37   Link #147
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Can anyone explain the censoring of naked female bodies in Japan? I always wonder, I gotten answers like its the law of Japan or something but never figure out its meaning. I already know its the law, but what is the reasoning for it. Are Japanese people more or less sensitives to such things?
No, that's not it at all. In earlier times, Japan had erotic art called shunga, which wasn't censored at all (see link for an example) and is pretty much the precursor of today's hentai.
After WWII, Japan was occupied by the US for ten years. The prude Americans dictated them many laws, among them the censorship law for erotic content. It dictates that no pubic hair must be shown, and that male and female sexual organs, as well as intercourse, must be censored.
The law has been in effect since.

For airing on public TV, there are additional restrictions: no nipples must be shown. Panty shots might also be censored (either all or only close-ups), depending on the studio and/or the broadcast station. Pay-TV (At-x) isn't bound by that rule, which is why they can show uncensored series (unless they studio decides not to allow it, because they think they'll have better BD sales if it's censored only on TV).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
and it also seems like he's gonna join the battles this time instead of being a power supply.
wtf? Muneakira stops being a useless waste of air and actually does something?