View Single Post
Old 2014-10-17, 09:51   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
I thought about that too! But perhaps the World Government would rather have the Ds come out in the open than have them hiding. If they join the marines, they can be controlled and observed. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer so to speak.

Well, that could be true, but I never really had that particular impression. I mean, even in Saul's case it really seemed more like he was punished for siding with Robin's mother more than the fact that he was a D. And it's even been implied that Garp was given a lot of leeway despite him being a bit rebellious himself (case in point: He wasn't punished for allowing Luffy to escape from Water 7 OR Marineford).

And heck, let's not forget that Blackbeard was a shichibukai for a brief point, despite being a D (albeit one who was pretty much unknown at the time). And wasn't Ace even offered that position at one point before he joined Whitebeard? It really seems to me that the WG will only punish the "D"s who either directly oppose the government (ie Dragon, Luffy to an extent, maybe Roger too), or those whom they deem a potential threat because of a particular lineage (Ace). That being said, I really have to wonder if the WG would have went out of their way to annihilate Law's family if they knew of their lineage at the time of the current flashback (and if so, would the Flevance massacre have been an excuse to wipe them out).....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
seems like Baby 5 has a crush on Law

Y'know, I missed this post earlier, but seeing it now, I just have to wonder: On the off chance that she really did have a crush on Law at the time, would B5 harbor those same feelings in the present time considering that her old "squeeze" decapitated both her and Buffalo, and left their headless bodies to the marines to mop up?