View Single Post
Old 2014-11-13, 09:23   Link #3980
Ulic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
He isn't saying that both Hakuei and Morgiana deserve death for rejecting him. True, he may have been bitter about Morgana's refusal, but that's not it. Both Hakuei and Morgiana have in tried to keep him from going off the deep end. During Belial's trial, Hakuryuu was confronted to them again and they tried to keep him from his quest of revenge. It was in the moment that he resolved himself to follow through on his path for revenge, that he said that he won't hesitate to kill all that stand in his way; including the two people he cared about the most.

He knows that Kouen wants to unify the world, Kouen directly told him and Hakuei about it. I think that Hakuryuu feels that his uncle stole the throne from him and his brothers and by doing so all who are related to him are as guilty. Let's face it, things were pretty bad for him and his sister after their brothers were slaughtered. Relations with Kouen and co. have never gotten any better since. I know that's your opinion, but Hakuei will never be what Hakuryuu would have been "had he kept his head straight". Hakuryuu grew up knowing the truth while Hakuei grew up in ignorance of what truly happened, therefore you can't say that Hakuei chose a different path than Hakuryuu. When he was little, he had to keep the truth all to himself and make sure that his uncle wouldn't see him as a danger whilst also training to become stronger. They wouldn't have let Hakuryuu travel to Sindria if they didn't underestimate him. Hakuei was inoffensive due to her demeanor and well, she can't directly claim the throne, so she received less harsh treatment conpared to Hakuryuu who is the fourth prince whilst Kouen is apparently the fifth.
I worded it wrongly. You are right, he is willing to kill them only if he feels they stand in his way, but what I'm trying to figure out is what Hakuryuu intends to do once he has the throne. Is it merely the throne he wants back because he feels he was wronged by his uncle, with his cousins being guilty by association, or does he have some higher purpose? By the looks of things, it just looks as tho he wants the empire for himself, and conquer the rest of the world by any means necessary, even brainwashing (which isn't exactly a good way to establish a long-term rule, making me wonder if he's also after immortality).

If conquest is his goal, he has no business opposing Kouen because they're both after the same thing and my initial point stands that Hakuryuu is just being irrationally hateful. Kouen trying to control his anger also doesn't seem like a bad thing to me tbh. Iirc, Kouen wanted to make good relation with Hakuryuu and wasn't involved with the revolt either.

Gyokuen is another matter, and she was a legitimate threat being the leader of Al Thamen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
How can he not take it too personally? He mainly blamed his uncle, but upon noticing that Kouen got his third metal vessel it wouldn't be weird for him to blame them too. It's Kouen and co. who gained the most in the deaths of the late king and Hakuryuu's brothers, due to Gyokuen providing them with metal vessels for instance.
Kouen benefiting the most seems like pure coincidence rather than hinting toward any actual involvement in his uncle's usurpation of the throne. If nothing else, Gyokuen was the one primarily responsible, and Hakuryuu turning his blade toward her is understandable. Not to mention that with the way things were heading, Kouen would've also had to fight her if Hakuryuu didn't hurry things along.
Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote