View Single Post
Old 2007-10-13, 18:15   Link #34
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Didn't synchronizing with Hecate have a similar effect? And he did stay that way for quite some time
Alastor even commented about that in this episode...I'll have to check the subs to see what exactly did he talk about
No, and i will refer to Kinny's explanations:
Quote:
Originally Posted by difference with novel, non spoiler
In novel volume 4, which details Shana's fight with the Aizen siblings (The goth-loli and shota siblings), as in the anime, when Sydonay (the guy with the shades) saw Yuji moving, he digs his hand inside Yuji. This is where the "Kaikin" first comes into action, severing Sydonay's arm (though Syd later grew a new one with ease).

Syd's severed arm then got absorbed by the Reiji Maigo, adding to Yuji's total HP, er, I mean total Power of Existence.
as you can see with this, the difference is quite big, since the Reiji Maigo already used the Kaikin already.
That is actually already a trigger for the existence growth back in the Sorath/Tiriel arc, which is quite early compared to the anime.
If we add that yuuji absorbed sydonay existence (well a tidbit), it is quite a stimulant.

meanwhile, hecate explanations are still valid, but a bit more far fetched than this. It looks like the Kaikin was a bit too convenient there.