View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 00:34   Link #69
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Like the producers of Yukikaze, Kawamori went as far as consulting an entire Japanese Air Self-Defense Force staff team for technical assistance. They deserve some major credits for getting things right.
As far as I can tell, quite a few anime (and live action for that matter) have military advisers. However, their advice tends to get overruled, and the end result is usually decidedly unrealistic. Kawamori is an obvious military otaku, so I guess it helps in this regard, but I'm still surprised when little details like a floating VF-0 feel so right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
i read somewhere, that kawamori visit the base of hte movie Top Gun when he make Macross Plus.
Heh. I heard that he originally wanted to make an anime version of Top Gun, but he got convinced into making it a Macross story as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I still say that the fold-capable fighter at the end of Episode 5 is a VF-11 with FAST pack.
I think that it's more likely to be a new Valkyrie rather than a pre-existing one. If they were playing for nostalgia, they could have either shown off a VF-1 or used VF-19s instead of VF-171s.