View Single Post
Old 2009-07-25, 14:32   Link #248
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Man, this discussion is really going all over the place. I should stop with going in this direction and focus back on the "will" part, but that wouldn't be nice. Ah well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
And you are bringing in science into this topic? Which is obviously a spiritual discussion
It is? Energy isn't spiritual. And I don't consider the notion of "will" to be a spiritual concept, either. When you go use a dictionary to point out that "spirit", which has no scientific relevance, is the same as "ki" (which btw is also another term people throw around for all kinds of stuff), which is thus the same as "will", why can't I point out that we've added more vague terms/definitions and that we've gone into the abstract realm of "making stuff up"? On the other hand, the notion of "will" isn't so freely redefined because that concept is pretty real and understood. And the way you've taken that concept and changed it in such a weird way to fit your view of the OP universe is something I find silly.

So "will" is "will". Let's focus on that instead of going "chi is will, but chi is also energy, and spirit and haki, and spirit is chi, and will and haki, and energy and blablabla". It adds nothing to the discussion other than making the concept of "will" unnecessarily vague in some silly attempt to describe what's happening in OP as "will".

Quote:
What does Ki have to do with anything? Are you even discussing about Haki and Ki here?
Actually, I'm discussing the concept of "will" and how your interpretation of "will" supposedly applied in the OP universe is nonsensical.

Quote:
And the way you view fiction is amazing, totally unique, I have no idea how you can relate and understand fiction if they do not consider to be similar to reality in any way to you.
Every fictional universe has its own logic/rules. Just because it's fiction doesn't mean you can "make up stuff" as you go. It doesn't work like that. There's got to be some kind of internal consistency. You applying the concept of "will" to what happens goes against the logic of the OP universe (and ours).
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote