View Single Post
Old 2012-09-23, 14:54   Link #2482
Siegel Clyne

Argentine Model/Actress/Singer Eugenia Suárez Affirms Japanese Heritage with Tattoo

María Eugenia Suárez Riveiro (born March 9, 1992 in Buenos Aires), also known as Eugenia Suárez and China Suárez; is an Argentine actress, singer and model. She is the best known for her role of Jaz Romero in the Cris Morena Group series Casi Ángeles and as a member of its group Teen Angels. Suárez is also known for appearing in television series Rincón de Luz, Floricienta and Amor Mío.

Also known affectionately as "Euge," Eugenia Suárez's maternal grandmother was Japanese - something she frequently mentions in interviews and elsewhere.

They call her "China" or "la China" because it is much shorter than "Japonesa" ("Japanese") - but not "Japo" or "Japi."

Eugenia Suárez models shoes in a video ad for Ricky Sarkany, a famous shoe designer in Argentina:

Eugenia Suárez para Ricky Sarkany [Primavera-Verano 2012]
(Eugenia Suárez for Ricky Sarkany [Spring-Summer 2012])

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

A couple of YouTube viewers commented that Eugenia Suárez, playing Jazmín ("Jaz") Romero in Casi Ángeles (Almost Angels), looks like a real-life Barbie in this video clip:

La Nueva Jazmin Romero
(The New Jazmin Romero)

YouTube

Euge certainly has a doll face, doesn't she?

Eugenia Suárez modeling swimsuits and lingerie for Sweet Victorian, a line of lingerie and swimswear in Argentina (I wonder where they find the inspiration for the name?):

Eugenia Suarez [Age 17]

YouTube

Maria Eugenia Suarez Sweet Victorian 02 [Age 19]

YouTube

Two of the most popular songs sung by Eugenia Suárez as Jazmín Romero from Casi Ángeles are "Reina gitana" ("Gypsy Queen") and "Te perdí ("I Lost You"):

Jazmin- reina gitana
(Jazmin- Gypsy Queen)

YouTube

Te perdí - letra
(I Lost You - Lyrics)

YouTube

Eugenia Suárez affirms her Japanese heritage with one of three tattoos she got when she was eighteen:

Los tatuajes y piercings de Euge
(The Tattoos and Piercings of Euge {Eugenia Suárez})

YouTube

The tattoo on Euge's waist on her backside is the Japanese kanji, 福 ("fuku"), which means "good fortune" or "happiness."

The tattoo on Euge's lower neck in the back is in English, "Japanese Blood" ("Sangre japonesa"). Euge has Japanese blood because of her Japanese grandmother (abuela japonesa).

As I have shown here and in my earlier post in this thread, The Japanese Diaspora, Part 2, like Eugenia Suárez a number of Nikkeijin, or Japanese emigrants and their descendants - including entertainers and celebrities of mixed heritage - have visibly affirmed their Japanese roots with tattoos, names, etc.: Uruguayan-born Mexican model/actress Bárbara Mori, her older sister Kenya Mori, her younger brother Kintaro Mori, and her father Yuyi (Yuji) Mori all sport a kanji tattoo for their Japanese family name, Mori (森; "Forest"); American ex-supermodel Kimora Lee Simmons gave her younger daughter a Japanese name, Aoki, and her son a Japanese name, Kenzo; American R&B/pop singer/songwriter Jhené Aiko gave her daughter a Japanese first name, Namiko; and American actor Dean Cain AKA Clark Kent/Superman reportedly has a tattoo on his (left) ankle for his real family name, Tanaka (田中, I presume).

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2012-09-25 at 12:33.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote