View Single Post
Old 2006-03-18, 20:21   Link #97
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Soul
Come on, just because DH cancels the series doesn't mean that you are _entitled_ to have scanlations for it. I for my part would never pick up a series that has been abandoned by a US publisher (even though I'm a big Narutaru fan). If you want to know what happens next that bad, I suggest you start learning Japanese (or German) so you can read the whole series on your own instead of having to rely on *cough* pirated copies *cough* I'm all for instant gratification, but sometimes I wish people could perceive that they can't get anything they want. ^^;
Um, both me and Tsurumaru DO know japanese, and HAVE bought and read all the japanese tokubans. But I realize most people wouldn't go that far, or frankly aren't able to. I believe that any american company that drops a series in the middle is doing a cruel disservice to its customers. Maybe if we make scanlations, it'll help repopularize the series enough for dark horse to change its mind... But simply doing nothing guarrentees that it'll never be published in english period. And that doesn't help anyone.

As a response, yes, I do still have scans of the tokubans too, and I'd be willing to provide them to someone who needs them.
Sam Pinansky