View Single Post
Old 2010-10-16, 05:32   Link #100
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
@Nobodyman, come on man. Naruto isn't OP, but give credit where credit is due. The story is still miles away from what Bleach has become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yeah, because Naruto spamming Rasengans is so much better.
Hm. His last fight was with the Kyuubi, so I don't know what you expected, really. It was obviously a question of who had the most power, and the Oodama Rasengan army was kiiiiinda awesome.

Otherwise, Naruto has shown he could use the Shadow Shuriken with his Fuuton Rasengan, has shown creativity with Henge and Kage Bunshin, with frog summons that can deal with the whole genjutsu aspect, added to some serious water jutsu. To be honest with you? That's enough for me, he's already got the variety he needs, and if we go by the hints given to us, he's going to be the next 'Flash' of Konoha. Might be purely symbolic, as his Kyuubi form affords him the looks and the speed, or it might be that he'll actually learn the Flying Thunder God technique. Which might or might not be 'that jutsu'.

Come on, Naruto is aeons away from Ichigo.

Quote:
Naruto may power up in different ways, but that doesn't mean any of them are meaningful or amount to anything more than "Huge Power Boost #37!" Oh yeah, and whatever did happen to Itachi's deep-throating crow?
Huh, you know, as you put it, a power boost is what it is... I can't say OP has done much better in terms of power boost with Luffy's gears. And meaningful? The Kyuubi form has proven to be powerful, but impossible to control so far, which has given plenty of meaning to Naruto. I mean, this arc was almost entirely dedicated to his coming to term with hatred and taking control over a form that would normally make him go berserk.

That doesn't amount to anything to you?

Quote:
Yeah, only now he's twice as goofy and irritating, has zero interest in the opposite sex, has an unhealthy obsession with Sasuke and, what's more, hyperventilates after considering the possibility that he might be *dun dun dun* evil!
You mean, 'sides the Sasuke deal, just like Luffy?

I think that looking back on the chapters that made part I, there is still a sense that Sasuke was the essential cornerstone of Naruto's willingness to push his limits. Perhaps the years of fillers dealing with Sasuke, essentially repeats of episodes peddling the same 'Rescue Sasuke' idea, has given Shippuuden a bad start, ie watchers that go: "Again with Sasuke?"

I think Naruto's obsession with Sasuke isn't 'unhealthy'. Naruto's entire childhood was unhealthy, and his relationship with Sasuke was the first healthy thing that ever happened to him. We may not necessarily agree with the way it's pictured, but we should both be able to understand Naruto's willingness and desire to save an old friend from a path of vengeance that our main character understands all too well, seeing as he felt the same kind of resentment towards the villagers.

Quote:
Naruto hasn't shown an ounce of competency or maturity since part 1.
If you're going to troll, at least put some effort in it.

Last edited by Frenchie; 2010-10-16 at 08:59.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote