View Single Post
Old 2015-01-31, 12:07   Link #349
Stellar Fungk

I have just completed SRZ. The SR ending (as all of you already know) was bad. Very bad. It is as if KJ didn't have time to go to the bathroom so he took a dump on his manga instead. I went to bed that night feeling sick.

Now about SRZ. Around chapter 5 things started to get interesting.

(I don't know how to use this spoiler function, it keeps asking me about purpose and context, so I write the spoiler here)

THIS IS A SPOILER!

Yeah, as I said, things got a lot more interesting around chapter 5 and onwards (except for the chapter in the Tokyo Drome with Tenma and Karasuma).

1. We see that Mikoto is married to Hanai. And Hanai is some kind of politician. This is nice. Cause I rooted for those two from the beginning. Sawachika is a stewardess and seems to be searching for Harima. Yakumo works at the manga place (forgot what it was called).

2.Imadori and Ichijou seem to be couple now, which is nice.

3.Yakumo visits Tenma and tells that Harima is living with her and Sarah.

4.And in the final chapter the graduation takes place. And we see an image that shows Harima and Eri together with a baby. And lastly, the graduation with Tenma coming back from America.

Now, are these situations a part of the main series or is it in another dimension? I know for sure that the samurai chapter and van helsing chapter is in another dimension.
If these situations (that I mentioned in the spoiler) are apart of the main series, when did they occur? Which chapters took place before the ending of School Rumble (pie, church, fail) and which took place after?

- It would be logical to put Nr. 2 before the SR ending. Cause in the ending Ichijou calls Imadori by first name "Kyosuke". This must mean that nr. 2 happend before the SR ending.

- Nr. 3 must have happend before the SR ending too. Because Yakumo told Tenma that Harima is living in their house. Now, if I remember correctly, after Harima agrees to help Sawachika with being her fake fiance (so she could stay in Japan), he was kicked out by Itoko. He went and asked if he could live in Sawachika's house but she refused. So he instead ended up living in the Tsukamoto house. This was prior to Harima leaving Japan and wandering around in the World + the SR ending. Therefor Yakumo's visit to America happend before the class reunion. If this happend before or after Nr. 2 is irrelevant.

- Nr 1., I'm not sure here. Now, this is very confusing. Harima seems to be wandering around the world. Sawachika is looking for him. Harima was also wandering before the SR ending. So this means that Nr. 1 happend before the SR ending (that Hanai became a politician and ended up with Mikoto, Eri being a stewardess and searching for Harima). Suou and Hanai doesn't seem like they fit in the Nr. 1 description during the Class reunion though. OR that it happend after the ending, which means that Harima continued to wander after the Class reunion. I don't know. It doesn't sound realistic that Nr. 1 happend before the reunion. These things take many years to achieve. At the same time, we don't know how many years passed during the time skip in the last chapters of the SR manga. This is why I hate time skips. So I don't really know where to put this. But it seems more logical to put his after the class reunion.

Now, the final puzzle. Nr.4. The graduation part is without doubt before the Class reunion and therefor before Nr. 1. I would put it after Ichijou/Imadori Nr. 2 and Yakumo's visit to America Nr. 3

And that image. I don't think that's Max's image. How does he know about Karasuma and his situation to that detail? I think that the image shows the future but at the same it can mean nothing. I was rooting for Eri and Harima so I will accept that image as the truth, though I'm not 100 % sure. And I'm not content with it either. If Harima and Eri ended up together, then we fans deserved at least two chapters about that. How did they end up together? Who confessed? What did that person say? You get what I'm meaning. Two chapters with Eri and Harima (finely drawn). But we didn't get that.

This confusion is all Kobayashi's fault. If those guys at Kodansha were responible for this then it's their AND Kobayashi's fault. I'm too tired to write any further.

I'm sorry for this long post and my english. English is not my first language. It is infact my third language. I love School Rumble very much. But that ending was bad. And while School Rumble Z did fix some things, it wasn't the ending that School Rumble deserved. Tenma got her wish (in some form) and ended up with Karasuma. But all we got for Harima was a subtle image of him and Eri and a baby. It wasn't even beautifully drawn. And one more thing, by making SRZ, Kobayashi knew that what he did to the SR ending was wrong. Trying to fix his own work, his darling, after ******* her up is a sad story (and ****** up the timeline). It was necessary but at the sametime a shame (the whole situation).

The scene when Eri beats the crap out of Harima would have been the best place for Eri to confess her love!

SPOILER ENDS HERE!!

Last edited by Stellar Fungk; 2015-01-31 at 16:34.
Stellar Fungk is offline   Reply With Quote