View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 20:08   Link #4171
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
The only reason why Kira broke mostly the way he did is because he felt guilty about Fllay. He failed to save her father and felt that he had to make amends which he couldn't do soon enough. Honestly, I thought that most of the crap that went on with Fllay was due to complications from Kira's enormous saviour complex. Do you remember the origami flower that the little girl gave to Kira right before she died on a civilian transport en route to earth? Kira was also quite distraught after that incident as well.

I've never thought that the whole Kira x Fllay relationship was very healthy. There was a lot of passion but a lot of guilt as well. It's also why the Lunamaria x Shinn pairing never sat well with me either. It's like Stockholm Syndrome.
This.

I still can't believe some people are going back on that topic virtually 10 years later. In the first half of SEED, we know people were counting on Kira, but the unwanted result was that he put too much pressure on himself. Fllay was also involved in this, that's why she felt guilty afterwards. Still, guilt is not a good ground for any relationship.

I'm not ditching the part between Kira and Fllay; in fact, it was important for us to see how Kira would transform himself. However, I also never felt it would be healthy for both of them in the long run no matter what would have happened afterwards. When we look at it, Fllay was symbolizing Kira's adolescence (with all the hardships and immaturity going with it) and Lacus was then the key person in "helping" (I can say it) Kira becoming more of an adult in his actions. Indeed, it's also about how Kira goes from boy to become a man and the shipping debate was sealed in that aspect from the very beginning IMHO.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote