View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 00:34   Link #98
Tiranas

This episode did not do much for me. I still don't really get Yayoi. Why support the system after everything it has done to her and after what she has seen while being institutionalized and heard about the chances of people actually recovering from being branded latent criminals?

Also, the single most annoying thing about the entire show for me keeps being the "Dominator". It is a horrble weapon for any kind of lawenforcement. This time we saw how it apparently is useless in hostage situations. There is also the fact that you can't take anyone over a certain crime coefficent alive for questioning (about accomplices, or where they might have hidden a ticking bomb or a starving hostage, ...). Additionally it takes forever to actually be ready to fire, because it speaks to you and does flashy transformations, which takes seconds in which anyone wanting to shoot you with a normal weapon has plenty of time to do so.
It irks me because Psycho Pass is a really intelligent and well-designed show and this one stupid feature keeps sticking out like a sore thumb for me.

Edit: Also, it makes sure to kill in in the most gory way possible so that anyone around to witness (possibly hostanges or other kinds of already shocked victims) is even more traumatized and subsequently more likely to turn into latent (or actual) criminals themselves.

Last edited by Tiranas; 2013-01-11 at 00:59.