Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-20, 08:56   Link #1996
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I can't comment on Singaporean girls, as I've never been to Singapore nor have I met a Singaporean girl (that I know of). I will caution you about what you just wrote, however. It came off as elitist. People tend to exalt themselves over others whom they feel have not undergone the same trying circumstances that they have. For certain national service is an experience, but it almost sounds like you're looking down on those who don't have to go through it.

Furthermore, this and the other post you've written makes you sound like a misogynist (woman hater). You've been rejected ten times and so you gave up; you find the girls so annoying; you're generalizing about all Singaporean girls. I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong about the Singaporean girls because I have zero experience with them - you could very well be right. But as small as Singapore is, that's a lot of girls to be generalizing over.

This is not an attempt to scold you or pass judgment. Rather, this is feedback for you. I don't imagine that you want to hold contempt for womankind or become a military snob, yet perhaps without realizing it, that's where you might be headed. (Or perhaps not; two posts alone don't reveal your subconscious.)
If I am a misogynist, I wouldn't read yuri manga or still hang out with the opposite gender. I just think that why are my cousins over at another side of the world behave so differently when I bring them out when they come over, as compared to the females I hang out with often.

I do know that I am generalising regarding the military and all that, but apparently things are a little too obvious to avoid looking from a holistic POV. I never denied that there are no local females out there with rock solid characters, but statistically speaking, with such a small population, there is not much diversity, just the plain formula which is the majority because of the way the society molds them and what the education system teaches them, they are like almost....generic (pardon my vocabulary, it is very limited).

Each an every person is made by the experiences he/she goes through. Newton's Laws of Motion adequately applies to how a person lives his or her life, and probably held true for every one of us. I could say my countrymen and I are both blessed and cursed, we live very sheltered lives, perhaps too sheltered that we never realised how big the world is and how fast it is changing.

If I am wrong about all these, I will still be right on one thing : The female gender is still one of the world's biggest mysteries.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote