View Single Post
Old 2010-01-17, 11:37   Link #83
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Even if it eventually worked out to 4 11-episode sequels, I would have been fine with it.
While that might make sense from an artistic perspective, I think you're missing the commercial imperatives involved. All things Nodame are wrapping up now -- the manga, the live-action movies, and the anime. While Nodame Cantabile is certainly one of the most popular late-night animes in recent memory, it's not obvious to me that Fuji would want to devote two more eleven-episode runs on Noitamina over the next two years. By then Nodame will have lost much of the "buzz" (or "synergies" as marketing executives might say) that it enjoys now.

This episode was just okay in my book. Like others I felt it was very rushed, but I suspect that is more the result of the schedule than anything else. As for the OP and ED, I found neither of them all that compelling though I liked the ED a bit better. Neither of them come close to the original OP/ED from the first half of season one.

It does look like the producers paid some attention to the criticism of the Paris arc that it lacked the musical performances from the first season. Of course, given the schedule, it looks like we'll be seeing 1-2 minute snippets from the works rather than the 4-5 minute excerpts we saw in season one.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote