View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 13:48   Link #51
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

It's not black and white. I don't see the need to label anyone the bad guy and the rest the victim. Back then we only know that the mother left them with grandparents, so the first intuition says their mom is terrible. Now we have another piece of info: she actually tried very hard to make up for keeping Rikka in the dark, but Rikka refused to respond. So the scale tip to the other side. It's Rikka's turn to explain herself. It is one thing to keep her delusion to protect herself from "something", but it is another problem if that is causing real trouble for others. Yuuta is ok with Rikka being a chuunibyou, but he is not ok with her ignoring her own mother. With the kind of family he has, I'm not surprised. I know everyone has a different background, but I still can't help but be very upset if someone treat his or her parents that way. Considering that she just took off her colored contact and eye patch, that, I guess, is the signal that she will talk about it. That's why I'm looking forward to the next episode.