View Single Post
Old 2006-01-16, 03:05   Link #56
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Kagihime makes to compare it more and more with Princess Tutu with their usage of fairy-tales for their central theme plot.

But differences are bluntly obvious:
1. Princess Tutu uses mainly Swan Lake, Ugly Duckling, and Nutcracker themes.
Kagihime uses Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass stories.

2. It's gratifying that the writers decided not to beat around the bush with the lesbian characters. Meaning that Kisa-chan unshamelessly expresses her love toward Kiraha, even imagining fantastic scenarios between the two of them; watch it! I said fanstastic not naughty.
There's no shoujo-ai in Princess Tutu.

3. The swan, duck, and raven are most used birds as symbols for Princess Tutu.
The hares and rabbit are characteristic for Kagihime.

4. The soundtrack for both are based or revolve around fairy-tale themes, however, Princess Tutu uses ballet while Kagihime uses 'cosplay' magic.
[/SPOILER]

The voice who spoke to Kisa-chan, just to let you all know, also voiced Mepple in Pretty Cure.

And found perplexing and somewhat unhealthy Kisa-chan's otaku obsession for Kiraha, just to add.
Sorry, I have to disagree here, matching Kagihime to Princess Tutu makes as much sense as matching any other collect item with a non sci fi/fantasy/modern theme. You're really reaching here.

I could also reach and say Kagihime can compare more and more to Rozen Maiden, but, it doesn't and it isn't.