View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 13:48   Link #68
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I know I got to this discussion late, so I'm just skimming the pages. Oh, and sorry for the double quote and if I'm just saying things that other's have said before me. In addition, I apologize in advance for the super long run-on sentence

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
We can answer that by asking the opposite question, what Middle East is not heading toward?

A strong united Islamic block with greater influences toward the rest of the world
  • As unless Israel start to bend down, Israel will surely face the Islam wrath for what they are doing right now by that time (sorry Israel, but you have a really bad record so far in this 20th century with the Muslims). So Western nations won't allow that to happen; and any power the Middle East Islam possess, will have to be containable by a superior Israel or US forces.
So to sum up, they will always be mostly Muslims, there will always be conflicts (military or not) between each countries but no major scaled war. And oil nations will always be filthy rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
I wouldn't really call the coverage "extensive." It seems to me that the only time reports on the area are made is when Israel takes military action. As far as I've seen, our (American) news hasn't reported on the random missile launchings that were occurring throughout the year before this latest two-sided conflict broke out. This isn't a good thing for foreign perception of Israel, as it makes people think that one side just randomly starts killing the other and then a fight breaks out. Or, since it's always Israel's military action that makes the headlines, it makes people think that Israel is the aggressor. I'd imagine that if people realized that Israel was enduring regular attacks against their citizens and infrastructure, there would be much more public support for Israel.
As such, the idea that Jews are somehow manipulating the media in Israel's favor seems a bit off to me.
While US media is markedly more pro-Israel than counterparts in Europe and elsewhere, I do agree that jumping from that to The Jewish Media is kind of a big, and vaguely discomforting, jump.
To put it simply
Israel doesn't hate Muslims, (forgive me for generalizing) but Muslims (and their respective countries and lands) hate Israel. You don't have Israel swearing to wipe out Gaza, but you have Hamas (as one example (in Gaza)) swearing to wipe out Israel, no matter what the cost, and them (Hamas) being both strategically and militarily out numbered; besides for daily missile attacks which have become the norm for southern Israeli communities and thus aren't reported on by foreign media, the only other way to attack Israel is by getting media to view their cause, how do they do that? By making sure as many of their own die when Israel decides to say "enough is enough".

That in and of itself is sickening.
It's been publicized that Islamic extremist leaders have said "We (Muslims) value death as much as they (Jews) value life."

I'm not trying to sound racist about any of this , but having been targeted and almost in the area of an attack, I feel strongly about this.

In Egypt, I fear there might be a need for another Arab Spring, I haven't yet read up on the full details on this, but from what I hear, Morsi is going power crazy.