View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 06:23   Link #91
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...-to-10-percent
I saw this on ANN and it seemed relevant to the discussion. Firstly in their spring preview ANN was already doing this for free so I'm guessing that they must be getting desperate for subscriptions. (That's possibly where they got the idea from too.) I can see this blowing back up in their face when people realize what a crummy deal it is plus it takes away from the non-corporate image they try and maintain on the site.

The people who are *probably* the translators seem to be saying that it's the sources from TVTokyo who are still worried about pre-broadcast leaks. Apparently the Gonzo ones are better because they're less worried about leaks. Although this is all hearsay from an unreliable source.
Well it's pretty easy to do a little detective work yourself and come to the same conclusion. Check out the 480 or 720 streams from all the different "publishers" and you'll start to see that the quality of the video varies considerably based on the show and the publisher. If it was all CR's encoding's fault they'd all be just as bad.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote