View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 08:20   Link #49
Belmondo

Yes, I did mean that. I had seen that image before but the full import of it only came to me after her turn was over. You are spot on about its marriage implications, when I first learned about it the scene was described as "some marriage dinner thing".
Quote:
I was expecting her mother remarrying to affect Kaoru's love for Junichi, with Kaoru intentionally distancing herself from him so that she doesn't become like her mother. Then, Junichi goes to the ends of the earth to find her (as he did) and console her.
Some people may go oh no not more drama but as long as it's well-written I'd watch it, if only they had more episodes. Or read it if it was in manga form. (I do hope she gets one like other girls). But it's like the opposite of the game, judging from spoilers about her story which I read before the show started. Basically he just comes to her with open arms, she has nothing to hide, etc.
Spoiler for her game info:
Due to the way the above spoilers were written I was expecting a more gradual process, with her slowly opening up to him during their usual leisure time, etc. I didn't expect her to run away from home at all, and the leisure time to be in flashback, but I was cool with it.
Spoiler for Riverside hug cg:
Yet... the final episode didn't use the last two points. I can handle that she cheers up quickly but they should have mentioned her mom again at least to establish there's some insecurity left in her. I blame all the character cameos for wasting time. It was just unfair for her viewers. If there had been less of those perhaps things would have been wrapped up better - the mom plot hand in hand with the ending. But then that wouldn't have stopped the censors from removing the last bike scene. But who knows, perhaps the DVD/BD will rectify all these. It should have the last bike scene put back in so why not more? I can dream.

Still, the heart of the story is still unchanged even if the full force of it was not fully carried over from the game. It's still their need to be with each other, for each other that brought them together as friends and now as lovers.
Spoiler for screenshot mashup: