View Single Post
Old 2011-05-20, 22:53   Link #830
judasmartel
*Author

Then I think it's just some fans who can't take nicely the defeat of their team to obviously better teams, unless if both teams are equal in strength or when the losing team is clearly better than the winning team (in any perspective).

That reminds me of the Kings-Lakers series and the Sixers-Bucks series in '01 wherein some people (me included) think that these series were rigged in favor of the Lakers and the Sixers, respectively, just because Los Angeles and Philly are better markets than say, Sacramento and Milwaukee.

In our native language, "Ayaw nilang langawin ang NBA Finals." (Translates to "They just don't want the NBA Finals to become an epic fail in terms of marketing.)

Probably they should have tried out a Kings-Bucks Finals, though. Even if Sacramento and Milwaukee aren't big-time markets.

@Mavs I think it's time to redeem themselves from that '06 NBA Finals loss. I heard that Stern had hard feelings for Cuban at that time, and if it is true, then Stern would have made it possible that Dallas lost the series against the Heat even when DAL already leads 2-0. Otherwise, the Heat were just a better team.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote