Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-07, 16:37   Link #135
justpassingby

Quote:
Otaku Pandering
I stopped reading right there. What makes you think there is going to be "Kaioshin-sama-pandering" or "Foreigner-pandering" in the first place? Or may be I'm just forgetting here is a English community site

Well, part of EP 1 can be viewed immediately after the event this coming Sunday. If it follows the novel, you'll get to see the scene with Marika and "Mr Nice Guy" clashing swords (The trailer even contained the lines from the Prologue) . Following episodes until they are done with Novel Vol 1 will showcase the events in Marika's life before she finally on the captain seat. But the trailer did show characters that only came in vol 2.
There, I spoiled it already

These are some of the negative reactions from 2ch and Japanese blogs

Quote:
-古臭い
- Mouretsu will compete with Rinne to become the worst anime of 2012 wwww
- Give me Stellvia 2 or Nadesico S2
- I want to see ARIEL reanimated and/or Yousei Sakusen animated instead
- Crossbone Vanguard!!!!
- If this sells more than 5000 copies I'll quit being anime otaku アニヲタ
Whether these are trolls or serious, reading those comments from so callled "Otaku" is somewhat easier on me than comments in English community like "Stop pandering to Otakus"

Also, linking this person, Fukushima Masami [JP wiki], [wiki] because Sasamoto honors him in vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Surely a question of genre doesn't constitute spoilers, so if anyone's read the books they could tell us where the series fit on a scale of 0 (K-on) to 10 (Captain Harlock).
I say the lowest is 5 and the highest is 7 (my opinion entirely). Haven't read vol 7 yet, but since there is no clear Big, Bad guy (neither the Empire nor the planets that the Empire absorbed ), the books can be summarized as "Daily life of a Pirate Captain who goes chasing Ghost Ship for a Princess, "Saving her mother and club mates", "Go meeting the backwater Pirates Guild", "Dealing with falling grades" etc.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-12-07 at 23:08.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote