View Single Post
Old 2011-12-25, 23:29   Link #127
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Finally got to seeing the episode. Honestly, the fact that I did not give a crap about any of the characters (except for maybe Dan), the high school students' forced importance, the fact that Funeral Parlor absolutely sucks without Shu, and the fact that it required liking the past few episodes (as most climax episodes do) really made me not care about it. Also, it's too late to give Inori a personality. You're already 11 episodes in. 6/10.

P.S.: Seriously? Daryl's dad and Dan just go out like that? And yet Scarface gets to remain alive. Life's a bitch.

Edit: Also, does Shu's physics-defamation regarding his voids seem to turn on and off according to the plot, doesn't it?

Anyways, since this is obviously the end of another arc, I'll give a quick summary on what I thought of Episode 7-11. This arc was better than the last one, but I still can't call it good. As you probably know, I've compared this anime to a lot of high-budget Hollywood movies because...well...I usually hate them, so the last thing I wanted was for it to become an anime. And like those movies, everything feels like it's on autopilot.

Unlike the first arc, this one doesn't really introduce any interesting ideas, so you just take it for it what it is. It's not bad for what it is, but a lot of the characters are pointless (and the ones who aren't are barely developed), the chemistry between the leads is non-existent, and I really hate how everything revolves around Shu. And I mean EVERYTHING. There's a difference between main character and "forced into the plot". Overall, I stand by my statement that it feels like the creative team thinks that writing for teenagers is easier than writing for adults, when that can't be further from the truth. 6/10 overall on the whole arc.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2011-12-26 at 00:05.