Thread: Licensed World Destruction
View Single Post
Old 2008-07-10, 13:26   Link #56
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

So, I've got around to watching the first episode. It's not bad, but it's not really "WOW" either. Like Kamina-san said, "world destruction" is hardly an original idea — the meme has been done to death (pun intended) in countless JRPGs, and I daresay that Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne's version of apocalypse is by far and away the one for all other games to beat. World Destruction seems like a stroll-in-the-park, by comparison.

I noticed from the credits that P.A Works and Studio DEEN provided supporting animation. P.A Works was responsible for last winter's True Tears, which featured gorgeous art and animation, so I'm guessing that the shoddy animation quality in the second-half of the episode — which tigerwoods observed — was probably a result of DEEN's involvement? I seem to recall alot of grumbling about this particular studio, so I wonder if someone can confirm my suspicions?

As for the characters, I'm not terribly impressed with the cutesy beastmen and the softish Kyrie (isn't that a girl's name?), but I'd readily agree that Morte is sexy eye-candy. Her design reminds me immediately of Sango from Inuyasha, especially Morte's weapon, which is shaped similarly as Sango's Hiraikotsu (see below).

Ah well, due to the relative lack of promising summer anime, World Destruction at least seems to provide suitably light entertainment. I'm likely to follow it for at least a few more episodes.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote