Thread: Licensed Vivid Red Operation
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 06:58   Link #1811
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
As someone else said, VRO is more an attempt to answer Madoka Magica. It's the magical girl anime equivalent to the mostly forgotten super robot shows that aired between Evangellion and TTGL. I knew of two, Fafner and Dual: Parellel Trouble Adventures. I hear the former is getting a new movie soon, but how many remember the latter?
Remember, twelve years separate Eva from TTGL. We could be waiting for the TTGL equivalent of magical girl anime for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
VRO is Strike Witches crossed with Nanoha, with a light sprinkling of Madoka Magica.
I don't think this was really intended as an 'answer' to PMMM. If it was, they went a really oblique direction from the original goal. It was very much a Nanoha/Strike Witches inspired work, rather than Madoka. Though, because of how important PMMM is to the genre as a whole (and as JimmyC implied, will be for a while), they couldn't just out-and-out ignore it either. So we had direct references ("Home run.") as well as design affectations. But I think those were secondary concerns to the staff.

I think they were really just trying to create a Magical Girl anime without pants.