View Single Post
Old 2008-01-17, 12:02   Link #465
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which in Nanoha's case is obviously shooting the crap out of ones oponent.
And the original RH designer has no say in this?

Quote:
And yet, even though she had no prior knowledge to anything regarding magic before, she still did them to a point where even profesionals were impressed with her.
I'll say that's to her own credit. Consider, will you be praising someone who got 100 because of themselves, or because there's a computer constantly blabbing all the right answers to them.

Quote:
You forget the minor detail that Fate is also the result of an experiment that seems to churns out super-mages on a constant basis (Fate, Erio, Vivio).
Precisely. We are dealing with very talented people here.

Quote:
Do read beyond the recalling cast magic (even though Nanoha never cast protection prior to Raising Heart doing so) I did mention flight control, didn't I?
Obviously, Protection was in RH's memory (maybe it was prepackaged?), and it merely pushed Play.

Quote:
How do you explain Nanoha was able to fly perfectly on her first try if Raising Heart did not help her? In fact, the scenes clearly show Raising Heart taking partial control over the flight. And do I need to bring up Mach Calibur again?
Not crashing does not mean "flying perfectly". Do you see any complicated manuevers? IIRC, it was basically an ascent.

Quote:
But not in Fate's hands, she only had the top part, the lower part was nowhere to be found.
Fine, but it does not change the essence of the situation any. In fact, it pushes it further in my direction - if I'm missing a chunk of E16J class energy in a tough fight, I'll be trying harder to recover it.

Quote:
Not if you know its comming. Like I said, you aim in the direction, and let the device handle the detail work. Sort of like allowing a trainer to adjust your aim on a shooting/archery range.
But you don't know exactly when the bump is coming.

Quote:
Obviously they don't, as I've seen an episode with single replicator in a town that didn't even have electricity produce materials.
Precisely.

Quote:
Why not? Fate disapeared and was absorbed into a book. This is clearly a case of matter being converted into energy.
If she was converted into energy, there will be no vitals to read. Further, if she was digested into energy, she will not even be able to think so the whole game would be meaningless.

Quote:
How so?
You see a soldier shoot from the hip at 100m and hit something. You conclude, therefore, that the effort involved in actually using the stock and all is "a matter of style".

Quote:
Yes, lets ignore the fact that Tiana even complimented Cross Mirage on his abillity to support her during live combat. -_-
Wasn't it just helping her prepare the rounds?

[quote]Which obviously don't seem to bother Tiana and Vice in the slightest.

Even in a town of morons, there can be one or two bright people.

Quote:
*brzzt* wrong, Nanoha said that the Barrier Jacket create[q both a Field and Barrier defense.

Spoiler for page in question:
Crap, I was afraid that something like this will happen - differing translations! Mine in the same place went "Our Barrier Jackets and Rein's Knight Armor are made from both barrier and field defences."

So basically one used the Active Voice and the other used the Passive. Who has the Japanese? I am feeling so happy I included some logic as well in the answer.

While we wait for that, I'll substitute another round:
Quote:
バリアジャケットを構成していた全魔力を瞬間的に解放することで、周囲に対して衝撃とバインド破壊の効果を持つ魔力攻撃を行う。
ただし、瞬間的にだが完全に無防備になる、再度バリアジャケットを構成する魔力が必要となる、等の欠点もあ る。
本編中では、闇の書の意志が召喚した赤竜の触手に捕らわれたフェイトが、この魔法を用いて一気 に脱出した。
使用話数:A's第10話
Note that it clearly says that the composition of a barrier jacket is magic, which favors my translation somewhat.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2008-01-17 at 12:15.