View Single Post
Old 2008-08-05, 10:50   Link #1055
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What, so you're going to tell me how I feel, now?
I wouldn't need to if you were more honest with yourself. :/

Quote:
Alto only has one or two years on her. Leon has 10+.
Obviously that was a problem when you suggested Sheryl.

Quote:
Leon is akin to being Ranka's boss. He certainly seems to be calling the shots, rather than just being "in the background". That's what bothers me.
Both Alto and Leon have working relationships with Ranka. It's the same problem both ways.

Quote:
Actually, it'd be an issue with Sheryl too. I didn't mention it at the time because no one thought to ask why I wouldn't want Leon to tongue Sheryl, and because I was too busy making fun of the who "Leon! Ew!" phenomenon.
Because you were busy trolling them, of course. Which is why it seems strange to me that you'd try to present logical(?) arguments against the Ranka suggestion. Both suggestions are obviously absurd from the outset, and they're both just meant to get a reaction out of people.

The point isn't to encourage reasonable discussion and whatnot. The point is to get people worked up.

Quote:
I find it mildly repulsive, not disgusting. You see, I wouldn't approve of it with Sheryl either. I certainly don't think they're a good match. But would I start foaming at the mouth like some of you threaten to? No. And my disapproval doesn't stem from a mere "He's got horrible hair" or whatever nonsense is used to call what he did to Cathy disgusting and/or immoral. That's what I'm pointing and laughing at. The whole "Leon getting some action! Ew ew ew!".
"Repulsive" is a very strong word. When you toss in a "mildly", it just sounds like you're trying to distance yourself from the feeling. It's like telling someone that you "mildly hate them".

But what you're really laughing at is the reaction that you're getting at from the Sheryl fans. Otherwise, you would have chosen another character for Leon to get some action with. Why not Ranka?

Stop kidding yourself. It's much too obvious.