View Single Post
Old 2011-12-07, 15:31   Link #4532
Xaturas

@KLGChaos

You don't need to tell me that as I fully understand how you feel.
HSDK Pre Yami arc was all about disciples, everything was circling around them and their past, + some minor details about masters.
Then came the yami arc and slowly manga took a turn for grand scheme where disciples got pushed aside.
I agree that kenichi team is now a canon fodder, they are there just for lulz or some genre antics.
Hmmm its hard for me to value the plot at the moment, at one side I like how kenichi isn't some powerhouse who rapes anything on his way just because he is the "main Hero" of the manga. On the other hand for people who wanted him to be all powerful and story only orbiting around kenichi and friends, it can be a disadvantage.
For me it seems that hsdk is now 2 branch manga, one is where kenichi is just a watcher of events (all master grand plot and fights) while on the other he is a participant (kenichi & CO fights and plots). As it is now I try not to disapprove mangaka move to use such means of storytelling, only time will tell if those 2 stories will colide and merge or stay apart forever.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote