View Single Post
Old 2008-05-20, 09:58   Link #93
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
The power of subtext cannot be denied by a mere relationship chart!

*Notes pic*

...alas, I am defeated. Looks like Xiro's no better than any other Air Mage all of a sudden. Oh well, got another idea I want to run by you guys in a while anyways, this one involving my long-delayed Steel Mage concept. I'll be on IRC in an hour or so to play around with this concept as per LE's advice.
Got a hundred different things to do so this will be short.

Nothing's wrong with a so-called normal mage, unless you really think it's a great fault for being normal. Not the best person to say this but power alone doesn't make a good character.

Frankly speaking, rather than the character rubbing people the wrong way it's how you have a penchant for creating powerful characters right off the bat and not being really balanced out that's rubbing people the wrong way.

Speaking for myself, I don't really have issues with powerful or h4xx chars. I'm not one to h4xxbust much or point out things correctly so I mostly abstain from such and leave it until the actual story which the character themselves show up and interact to make a judgment. Which only happens when something is written after all that is said and done. Sadly a common failing which I'm guilty of too.

And w/e to the almighty power of subtext.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote