View Single Post
Old 2004-01-26, 04:21   Link #6
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
The purpose of our site is to make the works of anime fans more accessable to all of anime fandom. This truly deserves to be brought to the attention of our community in hopes that it raises the bar for what we should expect of the "professionals."

Now I just get to hope that GHDPro and the others don't decide to lynch me for this. Please pray for me - I may need it. As for AnimeSuki listing other fandubs, even if we decide not to delete this torrent from the site that doesn't mean that every fandub will get listed. We might decide to rule it on a case-by-case basis. Or maybe I'll just get tarred and featherd.
I may not pray per se, but I'll definitely be hoping you continue to do well. Mostly because I agree with you to some extent. People dismiss dubs. Hell, I do most of the time. But I know for a fact that English-speaking voice actors are capable of much more, and so are the companies that employ them. There are truly awesome actors in the States and Europe, so to claim that all voice actors from those countries are inferior automatically in comparison to the original, Japanese actors that do such a tremendous job seems overly assuming in my opinion. And if it takes amateur dubbers to give the large companies in the States and abroad a kick in the ass, then I'm all for it.

Good luck.
Domasai is offline   Reply With Quote