Thread: Crunchyroll H2O ~footprints In The Sand~
View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 08:06   Link #1060
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I guess it bothers some people but I just can't see it that way. I really don't expect much in the way of realism of most shows, no matter how great they may be. H2O isn't great IMO but I think it has to live on with its melodrama. I think it's almost an oxymoron to berate it for being a melodrama. Though I agree that shows like this may be a bit harder to swallow due to there being a lot of specific strenuous circumstances including a lot of supernatural events that lead up to it unlike something like True Tears that at least give an illusion of a more realistic (though IMO, True Tears sorta teeters on being totally unrealistic with its social situation alone).
Supernatural situations are fine provided the show sticks to the rules it's established. There's no issue with characters losing and regaining blindness periodically, because that's explained within the context of the show. But for a character to be both blind and seeing at the same time... well, that's just incredibly inconsistent and illogical.

As for the melodrama thing, personally I think it lessens the impact. If you push too many extremes as this show has, without properly explaining and developing everything, you tread dangerously close to making everything forced and blatant. That's the problem with this show. The drama is so forced and over-the-top that it's very difficult to swallow.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote