View Single Post
Old 2008-10-17, 16:23   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't like their dynamic as a romantic couple. Tsubaki is much too good for him. She's too mature and too submissive. Black Star needs someone who'll either grow up with him, or will kick his ass when he acts up.

Mifune x Tsubaki, now, I could see...
I do think Tsubaki is growing as the series has gone on. Black Star's grand displays have allowed her to slowly come out of a shell without being overwhelmed. Do think putting her foot down during the fight against Asura though a single instance was important. Rather than letting the guy destroy himself by using the Fey Blade she just refused. Sure he went rogue after that, but not much a weapon can do at that point . While she won't ever be as loud as Black Star think she's slowly moving away from the little girl who simply nodded her head and shelved her own opinions.

That combined with Black Star's personal growth I think will make them a good pair in the end. At times they can be a couple of idiots, but all of it has made it a pairing I can get behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Tsubaki would get too jealous of Mifune using all those other swords in battle.
A good point. He'd just toss her in with the rest and she'd end up somewhere on the battlefield . Then as with this episode he'd vanish and she'd have to chase after him.