View Single Post
Old 2011-05-18, 03:08   Link #2102
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I wonder why Hayate of all people seems to be so harsh towards the Huckebein(not that i'm complaining, the guys didn't done anything to erase their image as dastardly killers). It's because she's so compromised with her job and duty that she erases all possible sympathy in order to manage to fight them as criminals or is she just going Mama Bear on them for what they do to her precious children?

Just to cement Justin Brett's and my own opinion about Cypha as a character i think of her like Doomsday from Superman. The monster became world-wide famous(both out and in-universe) for being able to kill the man of steel with his bare hands but then the writers didn't found how to top that and then Doomsday became a very generic and dull villain used very ocassionally in very contrived plots. While Cypha didn't have to worry about being left aside for being one of the regular bosses of the arc, she's also having some problem with her characterization because she wasn't done anything impressive after her big introduction(as Justin pointed out before) thus becoming a generic villain without a true personality and insulting Signum in the process for being unable to living up to the title of being the one who beats the strongest combat mage of the cast. Curren easily takes away the title from Cypha by achieving much more impressive results against a bigger number of better equipped opponents(one of them even tougher than Signum herself) and with a lot less effort. There's also the difference that Doomsday beating on Supes is much more impressive by the fact that he achieve it without exploiting any handicap(Kryptonite, Red Sunlight, etc...) while Cypha on the other hand, well...

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote