View Single Post
Old 2006-06-25, 14:35   Link #461
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
You are still missing my point; the problem isn't that it was, truthfully, voluntary, but that Haruhi didn't believe it was voluntary.

She is so used to forcing everyone into doing what she want through pure willpower, that the concept people might be grateful for her involvement completely escapes her.

As far as the band members are concerned, Haruhi was a saviour. But until the band members came to thank her, Haruhi herself didn't belive she had done anything to be thankful for. Thus this explains why Haruhi was willing to help the band members; she didn't know she was helping anyone. It was a flight of fancy that developed a life of its own, like anything else Haruhi gets involved in.

The concept "I was doing the band members a favour", did not once crossed her mind.
Ahh I see, I get your point now. The reason why she "helped" them out was because she just didn't want to see a group of hard working, dedicated group of people fail at the end of such a long trip, which is what she would hate to see happen to herself, so she stopped that from happening, and through that, she indirectly helped out the band member. Is that what you meant?